If my child is in the CPSE program will the title of Special Education follow him or her through highschool?

i think i should send this to an SED regional officer to confirm my u

If your child is eligible for CPSE services and you as the parent accepts the special education services for your child as written on your child's IEP-individualized education plan,, your  child is known to the district as a' preschooler with  a disability' while receiving the services. Once a child turns five years old and   enters kindergarten in the district, a child must be assessed and approved as eligible for special education services by the CSE - Committee on Special Education - in order to continue to receive services at the elementary and /or high school level  If a parent whose child was receiving CPSE services chooses not to have a child evaluated by the CSE for special education services , then the file is closed but stored in administration at the district office. The child is not considered in special education under these circumstances. 

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us